Thursday, June 10, 2010

June in the Garden

From K.H.:

Good Morning,

Just a reminder that even if it is not "your week," the garden still needs you! Thanks to Lynn for weed-eating between the rows and the different tiers. Things are looking great up there. I was able to paper and mulch one of the three rows of peppers. We need to get the other two rows mulched and papered asap! It would not be a bad idea to throw some mulch between the basil plants, either. I don't think we have enough space between them to paper. Newspaper is in the playhouse.


In any event, we were able to get another load of mulch yesterday, so Ann and I completed the papering and mulching of the okra. Tier three is almost complete! Tier two is looking great except for the cucumbers. They need to be weeded and mulched. The Ann and Abbie wire cages look great, and we can use the additional wire to stake the tomatoes.

I'll be out of town all weekend, but I'll be available to work in the evenings next week. Call me if you're heading over there and need the company. Please go ahead and pick any small vegetables, too, to encourage new growth. We want to hurry the harvest along! I used my last two bags of frozen tomatoes from last summer's garden last night. Time to re-can and re-freeze.

See you in the weeds,
K.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment